Mining Plus offers comprehensive, multi-discipline engineering and design services for a wide range of resource development projects across the globe in underground and surface mining.
Mining Plus is committed to creating a distinct value proposition for our customers over the full value chain of their projects whilst rigorously applying an innovative and practical approach to engineering design and project implementation, without compromising safety, quality or schedule.
The team has a proven track record in effectively managing engineering design processes and, in particular, coordinating the design efforts of geographically separated work groups.
The Mining Plus mining engineering team provide you with detailed, accurate and timely studies. Each study is scheduled and tailored to suit your requirements so that all relevant information is completed on time and to your budget.
Study types include:
- Desktop/Conceptual and Scoping
- Preliminary Economic Assessment (PEA)
- Execution to mine operations
- Project Risk Profiles
- Project management
- Due diligence
- Reserves (JORC NI43-101)
Mining Plus, through both employee experience, and company experience have fantastic knowledge of underground and surface mining techniques. From massive underground caving and bulk commodity surface mining to small satellite open pits and narrow vein stoping, we can add value to you deposit.
The Mining Plus team offers three core mining engineering consultancy services to the resources industry:
Mine Planning and Scheduling
Mine planning provides solutions through the application of all current and relevant information. Accurate life of mine planning is essential to the operation and the future economic success of your mining project. Mining Plus uses state of the art mining software systems to:
- Conduct surface mine optimisations
- Engineer detailed surface and underground mine designs
- Develop detailed mine schedules
- Demonstrate robust economics of mining projects
These steps produce mine designs and schedules that are easily transferrable to onsite mine planning and short-term scheduling teams. Mining Plus prides itself on schedules that require minimum changes when progressing from early stage studies to operational implementation. Processes and tools have been specifically designed to convey schedule information to mine operation teams to ensure the short-term objectives are aligned with the long-term strategic plan.
Our practical experience enables Mining Plus to add value and facilitate the delivery of your team’s goals through the analysis and optimisation of your open pit or underground operation.
This is achieved by focusing on a rigorous process of:
- Operation audits to identify areas for improvement such as fleet management, production performance, technical integration, safety & environment, and strategic business alignment to operations
- Determining the status of the current workflow and processes
- Measuring performance to plan and identifying areas of under and over achievement
- Implementing business and productivity improvement solutions
- Developing ongoing control measures to maintain peak operational performance
Mine production solutions are delivered through a detailed understanding of the mine schedule and mine infrastructure constraints. Mining Plus has extensive experience in drill and blast design, general production and implementation in the areas of:
- Narrow vein to large cave mining methods
- Surface/open pit design and implementation
- Operation support in drill and blasting roles