Mining Plus & AusIMM Adelaide Annual Dinner Student Competition
Terms & Conditions:
1. The promoter is: Mining Plus Pty Ltd whose registered office is at Bravo Building, 1 George Wiencke Drive, Perth Domestic Airport, WA 6105.
2. The competition is open to residents of Australia, based in Adelaide aged 18 years or over. All applicants must either be currently enrolled in a South Australian University and be studying Earth Science/Mining Engineering, or a recent graduate of an Australian University that has studied Earth Science/Mining Engineering.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via .
6. Only one entry will be accepted per person, with the exception of a bonus entry as stated above.
7. Closing date for entry will be 14.09.20. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
8. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
9. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows: To enter simply follow Mining Plus on LinkedIn and leave a comment on this post (https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6706795738359324672) to let us know what inspired you to pursue your studies and career in the greatest industry on Earth (Engineering/ Geology) (a bonus entry will be given to those that share an accompanying image or story).
10. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
11. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
12. The prize is as follows:
Two tickets to the Adelaide AusIMM branch (for you and an accompanying individual of your choice), ticket includes: entry, full 3 course meal and drinks. As well as the opportunity to socialise and network with key individuals from within the industry, and to be joined by other Mining Plus team members.
The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
13. Winners will be chosen:
By an independent adjudicator or panel of judges appointed by Mining Plus.
14. The winner will be notified by direct message on LinkedIn within 24 hours of the competition closing. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 24 hours of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
15. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
16. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
18. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Western Australian law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Western Australia.
19. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as the prospect of a short post event write up stating their experience at the dinner event. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Australian data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
21. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
23. In consideration of entering this competition, I release Mining Plus Pty Ltd, its owners, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all claims I, or my agents or assigns may every have, including but not limited to tort, common law and contract claims, other than any express contractual obligations of Mining Plus Pty Ltd as expressly set forth in the competition terms and conditions.